Sunday, September 13, 2015


U. S. A., LAND OF LIMITATIONS
By: Kristof

Reflections:


I am very grateful to Nicholas Kristof  for his good exposition on his topic U. S. A., Limitations. 








He argues that America is unlike the former land of opportunity.  I agree with him that the gap between the haves and the have-nots is widening greatly.

The one percent rich of the population are paying less taxes and the poor are taxed unequally.

My reflection on this passage is that, it's very hard now for a person who is in a well to climb out of it and ascend to the mountain to the economic ladder.

As a black African woman, in this society, with two children, going to college and working at the same time, I can arguable agree with Kristof, that, America is increasing becoming a land of limitations.  I know am hardworking and smart.  However, I believe that through hard work and a little lift from my professor, I can slowly crawl out my well and begin to ascend the arduous task to the top of the mountain.

I particularly, don't want to be a talented person like Rick, as mentioned by Kristof who made wrong choices and ended up receiving disability, that's not me.  As Kristof, clearly points out "school might have been an escalator to a better life", which I truly believe in, I am determined that through perseverance and hard work in college, American won't be a land of limitations but, truly a land of opportunities.








2 comments:

  1. Awesome personal connections to the text. It must not be easy to go to school and raise two kids but your connection and want to strive is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you used your person life to argue that the US is still a land of opportunities.

    ReplyDelete